Yahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Friday, March 21, 2008

Cambodia Impressions -- the next haven after Phuket, Pattaya and Bangkok?

A lot of my friends and acquaintances tell me endless stories, what a great place Cambodia is. You want temples go to Siem Reap, if you want whisky and girls go to Phnom Penh, and if you are in need for sun and waves go to the beach at Sihanoukville -- and you get all that with so much less visa hassle.



Of course this is all theory and third-hand information to me. I have never been to the place; but one not so far off day I really want to go there. Until then, more stories form people who have seen the real action...

The story I want to present here was actually a Stickman's Reader Submission and it makes me doubt that Cambodia is really that unadulterated h(e)aven I heard about; even though we may bitch about the Thais trying to sell us the very things we don't need, they generally do it with a smile and move on when they see we're not interested. This Cambodian lot of vendors however would do my head in...

Read more here: Cambodian Dust in My Mind.

Links of Interest:



No comments:

Post a Comment