Yahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What's your fear

Beautiful summer nights are spent here in the Canaries, although we are dying to get over to the tropical Caribbean asap. We still have a few things to sort out here on the European side before we're ready to go and some final work on the boat and other necessities will be finalized this weekend. We will also need to fly to France later this weekend for a super short stay before we get back to prepare the last things for the crossing. This is something that freaks the hell out of me for some reason. Yeah flying. Not much in this world frightens me but flying is one. Might sound strange as I've travelled the world back and forth in both large jumbos and tiny passenger planes about a thousand times by now, but this is a phobia I've developed during the last two years or so. Nowadays, I am always convinced that I have the last minutes of my life in front of me when I board a plane and the thought of leaving my destiny and life in someone else's (the pilot's) hands is totally freaking me out. Call me a wimp, but that's a fact and I can't seem to get over it. The worst part is that it gets worse with time and age, and definitely now when we have so much beautiful things to look forward to. It would be a beautiful, tragic love story no? "Couple in love, just started their dream voyage, died in a plane crash before they even crossed the Atlantic". But do not get sad if you don't hear anything from us after Sunday, at least you know we were prepared for it. Jesus Christ. /T

No comments:

Post a Comment