Yahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Friday, January 4, 2008

Rice Harvest in Isaan

Finally, she is back! My girlfriend visited her family in Isaan over Christmas and New Year, what left me all alone to my own devices. I could have gone out all alone in Patong Beach and normally would have grabbed this chance with both hands to have some 'quality time' for myself -- the nightlife of Phuket is famous for a reason; but strangely this time I felt without much inner drive to follow this through.
This means: unluckily no juice bar brawl stories, no bar girls, not even a ladyboy to mention... am I getting old(er)?

All the more I was touched by pictures from her home, in Nong Bua Lamphu. This is a small province close to the border of Laos, right beside Udon Thani and Nong Khai. The rice harvest has just been completed a few weeks ago, so the fields are rather brown and drab, but I could still imagine to live there for part of my time.There, I just wrote it black on white, undeniable to my own eyes: a life in Isaan has become more fascinating for me than the beer bars of Patong Beach!

Links of Interest:

No comments:

Post a Comment